Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ode to a Husband of a Gardener


I love this photo of my husband Lee in front of our house. Sun setting, sprinkler spraying in from the side, nothing better. He helps me so much in the yard and garden. And it's none of the fun stuff. Pull old shrubs. Clear 8' tall weeds. Craft new pretty mailbox. Mow, mow, and MOW millions upon millions of live oak leaves that fall each spring.

Whenever I have a new "vision" for improving the yard, he listens. Recently he spent over three hours pulling down 40-year-old thorny smilax and trumpet vines from a small group of tall oaks. It opened up the decades-dark side yard so much that the sun actually began to shine through!

How to thank such a wonderful husband? Maybe if I learned how to adjust a chain saw link, or change the mower blade, or fix the weed whacker. In all reality that's probably not going to happen, so I hope a smile and a kiss on the cheek will do.

3 comments:

  1. You are a blessed woman ! I end up doing all the hard stuff because I can't wait for my husband to do it. Great post, thanks, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've got one of those! And I'm SO thankful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do I, he does all the mowing and blowing and I do all the rest!

    ReplyDelete